Shane and Beth Temple have come a long way since beginning T-Heart Ranch. The size of the ranch and their herd has grown, and their end product has become more specialized — Simmental cattle that do well in high-altitude environments. Don’t miss their sale on Saturday, March 28th at the ranch near La Garita, Colorado.
BIG THANKS TO BETH TEMPLE FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS.
• When did T-Heart get it’s start?
T-Heart Ranch was founded in 2004 by Shane and Beth Temple.
• Why Simmental cattle?
Simmental because we found they were more altitude tolerant and the crossbreeding greatly improved our PAP tests throughout the herd.
• What does your perfect cow look like?
Ideally females here at T-Heart Ranch are moderate framed, easy fleshing, with good maternal instincts.
• What makes T-Heart unique?
T-Heart is unique because our cattle live at elevation year-round. We have multiple generations backing up our PAP testing program.
• Who is your ideal customer? How are you meeting their demands?
We try to serve the needs of all customers from single commercial buyers to large seedstock customers. All of our bulls are twice PAP tested at 7,600 ft. elevation, as well as DNA tested and have genomically enhanced EPDs. We really strive to provide profit-oriented genetics for cattlemen at all levels.
• You’ve got a big bull sale coming up. What can buyers expect in this sale?• In today’s COVID-19 atmosphere, what precautions are you taking for this sale?
We are having the sale on site like previous years. But we have hired DVAuction along with Superior Livestock to have live online bidding available We have created 10 phone lines for phone bidding. Bulls are available to look at anytime prior to the sale.
• Any sire groups or specific animals you’re really excited about?
We really like the CLRS Dakota 427D and GW Mountain Due 373C sire groups because their daughters we have retained in the herd are now in production and showing great potential.
• How long have you been working with Focus Marketing Group?
We met Wyatt a few years ago when he was our Genex intern. He has done our photos for two years now, and Kensie has been doing our website for the last year.